May 19, 2015

Opportunities...lost or found?

At the moment I'm writing about opportunity. It's relationship to hope and fear, and oddly enough a recount of one of the most bizarre periods of my life. I never write in depth or seriously about myself beyond social network statuses or the occasional blog post. This is an entirely new experience, made harder to tackle by a distant promise made that I would never share this story. The feeling that I am betraying somebody is horrible. However for those of you out there who are by now really thinking I'm a wicked human being by doing that, I assure you, I have thought it through for many years, and I am betraying nobody, my moral-ometer is set to sensitive, the only story I am attempting to tell is my own, and I do so because it is possibly an opportunity which shouldn't be missed.

I understand that you the reader are none the wiser yet, but suffice to say that I'm wondering if I am writing about an opportunity lost or found ? It seems to me that some things can share both concepts, retrospectively it would be fair to say that it was an opportunity lost, but presently I see that it is in fact a renewed opportunity in the act of sharing that experience with others. The irony here is not lost on me and probably what is attracting me towards putting it down in words. Whether I ever actually move towards publishing it is a whole other story.